Who can prepare Place Plans?

Place Plans are most likely to be prepared by:

Town and Community Councils

Community groups

Local residents’ groups

Place Plans are to cover a community area and the expectation is that their preparation would most likely be led by Town and Community Councils, or via them as they are the official local body.  If your community does not have its own Council but your community group or residents’ group might wish to do a Place Plan, please contact your local authority and/or Planning Aid Wales for advice.

It is crucial that you work closely with your local authority because they can then give your eventual plan some status, maybe even legal status.   To be sure of gaining any status, it will be important that your Place Plan fits together with the Local Development Plan.

If you go off and try to do a Place Plan on your own, it won’t have the influence you want!